Helping people who want to take control of their lives by improving how their body works for them
Who Do We Help?
We help those wanting to support and improve the condition of their body. We believe that everyone has the right to live with the best quality of life, free from pain and discomfort. We are passionate about helping our clients by enabling them to understand, re-connect with and improve the condition of their body.
Some of the reasons why our clients attend our sessions:
- Reduce the aches and pains acquired via daily life.
- Create a better support system in the body to reduce the impact of a diagnosed condition.
- Reduce pain after an injury or accident.
- Recondition the body pre or post surgery to facilitate recovery.
- Improve strength and flexibility to keep active in their sports and activities or to keep up with the grandchildren!
- Just to want to move better, have a little bit of ‘me’ time and feel better!
How Do We Help?
We offer small group and private sessions via a variety of methods to help you reach your goals.
Feeling stiff, sore and inflexible?
- Do you want to feel less stiff and more flexible?
- Are you struggling with aches, pains and tension?
- Do you want to strengthen your ‘core’ and improve your posture?
Then Matwork Pilates could be for you.
Using your own body movements are performed to progressively challenge the body to develop ‘core’ strength, flexibility, balance and posture.
A range of small equipment e.g. small balls, circles and bands are used to support or advance you in the exercises so you feel a positive change.
Individual advice is offered to help you feel supported throughout.
Click below to find out about how our ‘Move Better, Feel Better’ tasters session can help you.
Feel Stronger and More Flexible
- Are you looking for a new challenge and greater variety in your Pilates practice?
- Do you want to improve your strength and flexibility without adding muscle bulk?
- Want deeper ‘Core’ engagement to feel areas of your body generally hard to reach?
Then Pilates Reformer could be for you:
The Reformer is an apparatus where Pilates exercises are performed against resistance created by springs and pulleys. This challenges the whole body more deeply and continuously delivering faster results.
Enables the bodies to work in greater ranges of movement.
Click below to find out how our ‘Get Stronger and More Flexible’ taster session can help you.
Clinical (Private) Pilates
Get out of Pain and get your life back
- Are you fed up living with aches and pains that stop you doing basic daily tasks?
- Have you lost confidence in your body and are afraid to move in case it makes things worse?
- Are you feeling more and more restricted in your movement?
Then Clinical Pilates sessions could be for you.
Work individually with our teachers who assess your needs and creates a bespoke programme to help you reach your goal. Work at your own pace and gain confidence in your body again.
Recommended if you are recovering from an injury, have back, neck pelvis/hip or shoulder issues or have been receiving treatment from an allied health professional.
Click below to find out how our ‘Get out of Pain and get your life back’ consultation can help you.
What Our Clients Say
I had been struggling with back problems and recovering from abdominal surgery, so had a very weak core.
I was worried about how well my body would cope with exercising again after a layoff of over a year.
My back has improved hugely and I hardly ever have pain now.Anne Foster
I felt I needed to strengthen my back after surgery. I had reservations about whether I would stick with it and would I be able to do it but the classes were small, friendly, informative. I felt that instructor knew her stuff and appreciated any problems you had and took them into account.
I feel that I have found an exercise I can do! My back feels stronger and I enjoy the relaxation. I feel that my health is better and I can do something!Denise Burke
It’s getting to that time of the year again. The mornings aren’t as bright, evenings are drawing in, the days are getting shorter and winter is on its way. Some days you might only see the daylight through the office window, or for an hour at lunchtime. Apart from...read more
I have a confession. I’m obsessed with your buttocks. More specifically the muscles of your buttocks, which are known as your Glutes. It’s all for the best reasons, you understand. It’s just that they are so important to supporting your body and being pain free. The...read more
I picked up this little gem on a workshop at the weekend and I’ve been using it in class all week. It’s a fabulous little tool to check you are in the best alignment for spine health. In optimal alignment the ribs should sit directly above the pelvis. But in our...read more